Friday, October 8, 2010

'I Like It On' Facebook Status Update Goes Viral | What It Means

According toYahoo CEO Carol Bartz:It's one of the oldest and best-known content providers on the Web. Its news, information, entertainment and communications services attract more than 170 million U.S. visitors each month.
Yet many investors consider Yahoo to be a mystery.
Its stock has lost 15.4% of its value in 2010 as Yahoo failed to show significant gains in page views and ad sales. The big question on Wall Street is whether Yahoo is too scattered and stodgy to fend off powerful competitors led by Google, Facebook, Microsoft and AOL.

The Washington Post's Melissa Bell explains:
[W]omen are posting where they like to keep their purses when they come home, but they conveniently leave out the word "purse."

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and the "I like it on" trend is an attempt for women to unite around that cause in a top secret way. The idea is figuratively to leave men in the dark.

This isn't the first time a Facebook status update has gone viral. Less than a year ago, the bra color Facebook status update went viral, also in support of raising breast cancer awareness.




Tag:Facebook, Facebook i Like It, Facebook i Like It On, Facebook i Like It Statuses, Facebook Status, Facebook Status Trends, I Like It, I Like It Facebook, I Like It Facebook Status, I Like It On, I Like It On Facebook, I Like It On Facebook Status, I Like It On The Floor, I Like It On The Floor Facebook, Technology News,Facebook Cofounders Back California Pot Legalization While Facebook Blocks Pot Campaign Ads,New Facebook Features Announced: See What They Mean For You,Twitter Reacts To Facebook's New Features


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl Your Ad Here

0 comments: on "'I Like It On' Facebook Status Update Goes Viral | What It Means"

Post a Comment